Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Ho, Ho, Ho






Just call me 'Elfie' - - - - that's how I feel these days.  You may think that I am MIA, (there's not been a post since Thanksgiving) but in actuality, I have been up to my eyebrows in "projects", year end deadlines, tying up loose ends, creating cards and gifts for holiday cheer, etc.  I walk a thin line between traditional Christmas festivities with 'must do' lists and  going with the flow of change by being present in the moment.

I absolutely LOVE this time of year.  I enjoy looking out at the Winter Wonderland while I am kept cozy inside working in the studio or in the kitchen baking cookies.  Gratefully, I am blessed with the luxury of having my Studio in my home. It allows me to deck the halls between painting a design or stitching on a new LoveLight.  The art flows freely after the pressure of deadlines to produce.  It would appear that my style of working is to think and plan for weeks and months on a new piece, working out the details in my mind before I actually set my hands on the fabrics and create the new art in a matter of hours or days.  I am very excited about the latest LoveLight that has emerged, but will not be able to share a photo with you until after the gift is received at our annual family celebration.  I find it magical the way it all comes together with an element of surprise and the feeling of awe that my hands had any part in producing the end result.  Hopefully, the recipient will feel the love and energy that went into this new piece.  I'll report in next week and let you know how it was received.

For the time being, there are cards to address and gifts to wrap.  I must still wear the 'Elfie' hat for a few more days.  However, a word from the wise ones among us, BREATHE.  When you are feeling overwhelmed by it all, remember to be present in the moment and take a few deep breaths.  'Tis the season of love and sharing while making memories for our loved ones.

Be Well ~

No comments:

Post a Comment