Thursday, April 8, 2010

Clean Spice Cabinet - Check

Dear Ones,
This week I cleaned out the spice cabinet. All the outdated spices and empty jars were tossed in the garbage.  The activity was very freeing and it allowed me to check another task off the list. What does this have to do with ART? I am reporting this to you as a way of explaining how delicate the creative ego can be. When my "things" are in chaos, or there are too many details on my mind, I find that I become immobilized. I simply cannot go into the studio and be creative. Tasks become creative blockages. It's as simple as that. But I am happy to report that I found the answer to this problem and am now more productive than ever before.

I met Leslie Shreve on the internet nearly a year ago through my association with Alyson Stanfield's classes. Leslie offered a 'Productivity - Get in the Driver's Seat' workshop online that taught me how to use electronic task lists, otherwise known as the Outlook program on my computer. That class was a revelation to me. I have always been a "to do list" maker, but like Leslie predicted, my lists were scattered on the nightstand, in my purse, on the desk, etc. By using her methods of organizing and prioritizing the things that I must do in a day, I have learned to relax a little and to rely on the reminders that pop up on my pc. No matter what your occupation, I just can't help but believe that you will benefit from the stress free reliance on electronic lists. Trusting the system to keep you on track is very liberating. I am wondering how I managed all these years without it?
Let's see, 'Write Blog Post', check. Now I can go play in the studio. How do you manage your day?
Love & Light,
 Kasia

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is wonderful, Kash! I totally agree with you about the "other" things blocking the creativity. I do the same thing (cleaning cupboards is tops on the list, along with the basement)! Thanks for the link to Leslie... talk to you soon.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete