Thursday, April 22, 2010

International Quilt Festival - Rosemont, IL.

Dear Ones ~
I spent last weekend in 'Heaven'. Traveling with my friend Casey, we ventured to the Douglas E. Stevens    Convention Center in Rosemont, Illinois where we exhausted ourselves with 'eye candy' for the quilter. The 2010 International Quilt Festival is home to hundreds of quilts and art quilts on display along with an exhibitors floor that we walked for miles!
UNBELIEVABLE, AWESOME, EXQUISITE - are just some of the words that could describe the experience. There is just so much talent out there! It was exciting to see so many familiar names attached to the beautiful works. And of course, IQF is like a reunion when we get to reconnect with our peers and exchange stories, photos, postcards, and techniques. It's just the best time ever!
Equally thrilling for me is the exhibitors section. You must know what a gadget girl I am! Seeing all the latest notions and beautiful embellishments and threads are enough to make me weak in the knees. But I managed to stay on my feet and walk the miles of booths 'window shopping' for the perfect notions to use in my LoveLights. My first stop was to Laura Murray's booth where I purchased Paintstiks and more small
brushes. Next, I was on the hunt for the crystals that are a central focus feature of my art pieces. I found a source that will be able to supply me with the difficult to find larger crystals.

And then thrill of thrills, I rediscovered Hula Hoops hand dyed cotton fabrics by Stacy Michell of Shades Textiles. Years ago, I purchased some pieces from this artist that were the perfect foundations of my labyrinth series. I had lost the contact information, so am very pleased to have reconnected with her for future LoveLight foundations. Score!
Now it's time to roll up my sleeves and get into the studio to PLAY with my "finds". Yippee!

Until next time~
Live your Light.
Kasia

2 comments:

  1. I am impressed with your site, your blog, and YOU! Keep up the great job, and my best to your creative self for your upcoming exhibit! Pick a day and I will travel to see it with you in July! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you for all the kind words about me in your blog. My Japanese office wants me off the road and in the studio dying more and more fabric!!I have told them just how important it is for me to see the wonderful people like you! You made my day!
    Stacy Michell
    ShadesTextiles.com

    ReplyDelete