Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Simple Pleasures

Dear Ones ~
I was reading a blog this morning that got me to thinking about the simple pleasures of life. The many little things that we do throughout the day that bring us JOY without our consciously thinking about it. So I've decided to start a list of mine:

* Being greeted by the birds singing when I get the morning paper.
* The ability to operate this pc and reach out to friends and family on the internet.
* As a grandmother, watching the children playing in the yard - so carefree and happy.
* The sparkle in the children's eyes when they realize that "Kasia's here!!!".
* Visiting my Studio in the wee hours when the world is asleep.
* Working with colorful fabrics, textures, and threads to create the 'Colorful Art that Lifts the Spirit.'
* The steady companionship of my husband of 40 years. He is my rock.
* Picking up the phone and talking with my daughter whenever the mood hits me.
* Being greeted, cheerfully, by my son's wife when I drop by unexpectedly. (Her face lights up and I know that I am welcomed and not an intrusion.)
* Looking at photos of 'Dear Ones' who are no longer walking this planet.
* The ability to SEE the world as I wish it to be.
* The TASTE of a bit of the bubbly with a good dinner that I didn't have to cook myself.
* HEARING our piano being played by my guy. His music warms my heart and I appreciate it.
* TOUCHING the soft skin of our babies.
* Watching with PRIDE, our adult children and their spouses interacting.
* The ability to watch the changing moon and the stars from our deck each night.
* Bubbles in a bathtub.
* Warm, compfy bed to rest in at night.

I guess that I'm on a roll now - - - what are some of your simple pleasures?? Want to share?

Until next time ~
Live your Light!

2 comments:

  1. *watering my plants
    *hearing "I love you Grand-Mo"
    *reading on a Saturday morning with snow covered
    trees outside my window
    * the bear hugs from my kids after not seeing them for a few months
    * seeing beautiful flowers in unexpected places . . in urns downtown,outside banks, etc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Mo. I can agree with all of these.

    ReplyDelete